|Request a date - Aug 19 2016||Lagos||3 days||₦ 157,500|
|Request a date - Dec 02 2016||Lagos||3 days||₦ 157,500|
This course aims to equip delegates with the capacity to develop and improve the internal controls in their respective organisations in order offer an upgraded level of service to financial institutions through quality of information, and gain public confidence in the auditing process.
• Establish the principles and procedures with which enable auditors to comply in carrying out audit functions
• Understand the purposes of internal controls
• Apply suitable controls over the computer systems and increase efficiency and precision
• Apply effective system based audits and develop control to minimise the eventuality of fraud
• Improvement of the organisation’s performance and efficiency.
• Identify deficiencies, assess cost/benefit effectiveness and implement a corrective course of action.
• The needs for internal controls
• Designing Internal Control Systems to Curb the Threats
• Internal Control classifications: Preventive, Detective and Corrective
• Sarbanes Oxley
• Methods of assigning authority and responsibility
• Proper authorisation of transactions and activities
• Independent check on performance
• Computer-based controls: Data transmission controls and Disaster Recovery plan
• Methods of detecting Fraud: Control Systems, warning signs
• Fraud Schemes and Fraud Risk Assessment
• Limitations of internal controls
• Evaluating preventive controls and correcting deficiencies
E-Reader Not Included.
*Course fee is not inclusive of VAT